Sunday, October 08, 2006

Finally an update!!!!

It's been a busy summer and I don't mean riding. My daughter Paige got married this summer and I haven't been on my bike as much as I would have liked. I noticed that the last post on this blog was in February 2006!!!!! Rob and I got some good rides in. We volunteered again as course "marshalls"(?) for the Wine Country Classic........that was fun. We took shorter rides from our homes and out. We volunteered for the Amalgen (?) tour of California when it came through Santa Rosa in February.....that was exciting. We rode in the Lung Association's Breathe Easy Ride in memory of our moms. We made our way up and over Graton Road to Occidental a couple times. Robin bought a "new" road bike (skinny tires) and has joined the Petaluma Wheelmen........great group of riders. I rode to work several times over the summer while Evan and I were sharing my car. I rode to work then into town to pick up my car from Evan at his work....it worked out just fine. I changed two flat tires this summer........too many for the few miles I rode!! Rob is now retired and riding more. The wedding is over (it was wonderful) and Rob and I are trying to get more riding in together. Rob and Barry are in the middle (nearing the end) of a big home improvement project so our rides are still short (less than 40 miles usually 20 or so). This recap of the summer is good, I'm ready for a longer ride and Rob and I agreed that we will do that as soon as their project is complete!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home