Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Petaluma, Chileno Valley, Tomales and back....30 + miles

I always like riding in Marin county..........I always like going to Tomales....GREAT bakery! I had a mushroom-leek pizza and a piece of rubarb-boysenberry pie!!!! Rob had a calzone! yumm, yumm, yumm!!!! Ok the truth is the ride was great but I do like my pie!
When we headed out we hadn't intended to go to Tomales but when we got to the crossroads and the sign said "Tomales 5 miles" I thought let's do it....5 miles is nothing!.........well, 5 flat miles is nothing but there were a few meaty hills before we made it to Tomales.............all worth it!
We tend to do most of our riding in the vineyards so it's fun to see a little different countryside.........it's all beautiful just different.
There were "tons" of riders out on this ride. There was a big group from the Leukemia Team in Training; they went on and on. It appeared to be a diverse group with people who looked as though they were new to cycling and some well seasoned riders. They travel with trainers and a sag wagon. One of the trainers commented that my seat looked a little low and wondered it my knees hurt.....interesting.
Anyhow, I love this ride. It's challenging but we survived and the rest in Tomales was worth the extra 10miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home