Monday, March 28, 2005

Table Mountain

Cycling Sonoma, Marin, Napa counties

My daughter, Hahna and I went on a challenging and beautiful ride to Table Mountain in Oroville, California. Hahna chose the route because she had heard the wild flowers atop Table Mountain were in bloom - we were not disappointed. Little did we know, however, when we set off around noon, that we'd be climbing 1050 feet along a 5.5 mile stretch up the mountain. The ride was a 25 mile loop from and for the most part was flat - except for the challenging and long section from the base to the top of the Mountain. I've attached a few pictures that were taken the following day , but I must say that the pictures do not do it justice- the wild flowers were breathtaking. By the way, the loop that we did happens to be a section of the 100 mile Wildflower Century Ride coming up on April 24th. Gail, Hahna & I will be participating again this year as we did last year. More about that to come........

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Hey Rob, sounds like a great ride! I managed to post the photos....check 'em out.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home